Yer Tiz, Park Hill, Whitecroft (General)

by Jefff @, West London, Middlesex, Wednesday, March 13, 2019, 18:35 (1842 days ago) @ nathanstockill

Hi again,
thanks for the extra detail about the house location, looks like I should have checked to see exactly what you knew before replying, clearly you've already done a fair bit of research which is great to see.

Without a solid starting point eg the names of previous owners (eg from Deeds, or maybe Wills), it's difficult to be sure which house on the old Census is yours.
General browsing of the old census' will hopefully help you find out when the house numbering system was introduced in your road, sadly at this moment I can't search them in that way myself.

I'm sure you know that red Pennant sandstone is very common in FoD buildings, as it could be quarried locally especially in the Bicslade valley.

I see the Green Man article names a previous owner of your house, presumably he doesn't have any more historical info to offer ?
That article mentions Owen Adams, who I know a little via online local history groups. I believe he knows a fair but about Whitecroft area history, do you know him ?.

J

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread