Alec Hopson (General)

by MPGriffiths @, Monday, June 24, 2019, 12:48 (1767 days ago) @ sherriebaby63

I can remember my Dad being called a 'Blackleg' because he walked through the picket lines - but with 4 kids to feed he had no option.

---

The event in 1926 was not long after the 12 day General Strike by the coalminers.

---

There is an interesting project here involving the list of other Miners involved - for example

William BUTT

His death 12 November 1955 - Address: Forest Road born 1879

There is a Public members Tree on Ancestry which includes his WW1 records - address, Forest Road, he was a Collier, but wanted to became an R E Tunneller.

---

Chlotida BULLOCK is listed on Ancestry as living in Market Street, Cinderford 1957

On the 1939 Register, her name has sticky tape over it, and is transcribed as Chlolda (born 9 July 1883) - and is living in Market Street, Cinderford. Her husband, William BULLOCK, born 20 August 1778 is a Colliery Roadman Underground. Again living in Market Street.

Along with them is their Son, Ronald, born 1918 - his baptism is on this website - 10 March 1918 - parents William , occupation: Collier .... & Clotilda (Ronald's mother's maiden name: STERRY) whom he married in 1901 Westbury on Severn Register Office (Christian name spelt as Chlotilda)

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread