rock house lydbrook (General)

by Jefff @, West London, Middlesex, Saturday, October 26, 2019, 03:20 (1643 days ago) @ probinson

Hi Peter,
well if you will cheat and find a map with the flipping pubs clearly named on it... !!

Seriously tho I cannot fault your logic, altho (no doubt just like you) I did use streetview and a few books etc to come to my conclusions, but I wasn't entirely happy with my thinking so I'm not gonna revisit it all again now (3am). I must however thank you for proving to me that sometimes it is worth looking at the super-detailed 25" maps like you used, and not the 6 inch maps I've preferred until now I. Until today it's been my experience in other areas of the forest that both maps have virtually identical content, so I don't use the 25" maps as they're less user-friendly with their smaller coverage area and my always being on the join between two sheets lol - but now I see that "rule" does NOT apply to some places. Serves me right for not bothering to check this time...Later (tomorrow, Saturday), I'll enjoy studying the 25" maps more closely, but not becasue I doubt your findings, but to learn more about the area my Dad must have known very well. And also try to find the other pubs. I must admit to struggling when comparing the old maps to modern Streetview etc, without having the railway line there which is such an obvious point of reference on the maps.

Thanks again sir.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread