EVERSON - Monmouth & FoD (General)

by bexxi @, Wednesday, December 11, 2019, 13:50 (1570 days ago) @ Lbirt1993

Hi Elizabeth,

How lovely to find someone else descended from this family! John EVERSON and Ann nee TURLEY were my 4x great grandparents.

Pretty much all the information I have is already elsewhere in this thread - some comes from a family bible, and a letter written by their daugher Mary revealed some further details.

I remain stuck on John's exact parents. The man I believe (from said letter) to be his brother, William, was baptised in English Bicknor in 1775, son of John and Mary. My John was born in about 1774 but I have never found a baptism for him. Someone recently reposted the details of a 1776 marriage for John EVERSON and Mary DUNN or DUFF, but I wouldn't have thought they were also the parents of these children born earlier, especially since the groom John was a bachelor when they married. Said groom *might* be John Everson baptised 1747 in Flaxley, as the marriage allegation states his age as 30 (and upwards). My own hunch is that "my" John's father might have been the John Everson baptised in Monmouth in 1732.

I'm sure that all these Eversons go back to John and Susannah (nee EVANS), who had up to ten children baptised in Monmouth between 1730 and 1752 (including John 1732). Maybe one day there'll be more of a breakthrough...

Best wishes,
Rebecca

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread