link between Westbury and Bitton (Documents Articles)

by Keith Thomas @, Monday, December 16, 2019, 10:37 (1587 days ago) @ MPGriffiths

MPG, Thanks for reply. I do not subscribe to Ancestry so cannot check the will to see the daughters married names. I did my research into the Bellamy's between 1985 and 2005 and have a large file of wills and deeds traced after many days at Gloucester Archives. I have a comprehensive Bellamy tree back to the 16c. recently I have been reviewing the information, identifying weak links and dead ends. One of these is at about 1720-40 with a missing marriage, William to Elizabeth. there are several William B's at this time and I have eliminated all but two, both cousins who fit. Marriage info might assist in choosing. Both fit the tree which is still OK but with this one query. I searched far and wide for this marriage without success in the 1990s. A check a few years ago with "Family Search" produced the one in Bitton which is a perfect fit to the one I was seeking. But there is insufficient info in the record to be certain.[There are Bellamys in North Somerset but no William that would fit this marriage]. I still need some confirmation that the William in the marriage is from Westbury but cannot see how to find it. A positive link between Westbury and Bitton is needed.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread