William Billington (General)

by Anne.freeman @, Wednesday, June 24, 2020, 14:46 (1395 days ago) @ Rusty2727

Hi
Great to have heard from you
Have finally managed to log in ....had forgotten my sign in details.....!
I am the gt gt gt granddaughter of William Billington via William Moreton Birkin Billington, the eldest son.
We have done extensive genealogy and research into the family....
We know very little about John except he lived in Liverpool, was a book keeper and married Anne Smith, had 6 sons including Henry Moreland Billington who married first his cousin Margaret, daughter of William Moreton in 1870, and then married an Elizabeth and had a daughter In 1880 called Constance Hay, so I’m thinking his wife might have been Elizabeth Hay. They got married in Scotland. We think there is a second child as well but he died in 1883....
I have all the names of John’s 6 boys and several of their wives. We also have all their children and years of birth/baptism.
I think Peter has got the lower generations as well but that’s not printed out in front of me but on the computer....
I have always been interested in the fact that John didn’t go to Ireland but went to Liverpool and also if there is any connection with Billingtons sugar and also the chain of shops called B and M.
I’m sure you will have more details. Are you in touch with Lesley Riggall...or Ruggall as she is also descended from John.
Have you taken William the forester further back.
We have got back to the mid 1600s
Anne

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread