Seeking Barbara Owen and Cyril R Mountjoy (General)

by breckenridge2020, Thursday, August 20, 2020, 12:05 (1339 days ago) @ cchuggins

Hi - Yes he did a family history I believe it was called "A family Mountjoy at Clearwell Meend" or something similar which is what I am trying to track down as my own granddaughter is interested in our family history.

My cousin Carol (Cyril's daughter) lived in South Wales (Hirwaun) most of her life and when Cyril left the Army after the war (he was awarded the Military Medal for bravery during the war) he settled in South Wales although his mother and father, my grandparents, (Harry and Florence Mountjoy nee Watts) lived in the Forest of Dean initially in Clearwell then in Bream. Harry died around 1952 and was a miner and Florence in 1982.

Cyril was one of 4 children, Eunice, Grenville (my father) and Dorian who died during the 1918 flu outbreak.

Eunice married Eric Hawkins had two boys Philip and John my parents Grenville and Belinda nee Harris had two boys myself and Garrick. I was born in Aberkenfig.

We may be distant cousins it would be interesting to trace the family as Cyril did try however that was before the power of the internet resources available today.

regards

Roger

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread