Marriages at Churchdown around 1800 (General)

by MPGriffiths @, Monday, June 13, 2022, 07:31 (705 days ago) @ Nick Dub

When using the Bonds and Licence section, I always use the Soundex on the surname to make sure nothing is missed, especially in the early records, which are more difficult to read etc.

For example, there is a Workjohn and a Wargen in the records. Also there are often two records transcribed for the marriages, one being the Bond, one being the Licence, each giving more info.

Place names can be spelt in various ways as well. Sometimes I just put in the Surname (with Soundex)

Complete thread:

 RSS Feed of thread

powered by my little forum