Walford-info on the Young family (Edith and Frederick Harry) (Urgent)

by MPGriffiths @, Thursday, October 06, 2022, 12:11 (540 days ago) @ MPGriffiths

? On the baptism of Gilbert YOUNG's children, he is listed as a labourer.

The census' would be useful, as I don't subscribed to Ancestry any more, but do have access to British Newspapers on line.
(Not sure if you do?)

I think he seems to be correct man as this article appears - Thursday 24 November 1910- as he does have a Son, called Arthur (on the records, christened in 1878)

AN OLD CONTRACTOR'S DEATH

Mr Lewis said he regretted to have to report the death of Gilbert YOUNG, one of the oldest contractors and road foreman under that Council and its predecessors.

He had pleasure in testifying to the many good qualities and the conscientious manner in which he late Mr Young always endeavoured to discharge his obligations and duties.

He had, however, great satisfication in recommending the deceased's son MR ARTHUR YOUNG, who asked that the contract might be transferred to him. He might add that the work had been satisfactorily carried out by the sons for the past two years.

The Chairman said he thought the Council would be pleased to hear that the late contractor had given such great satisfaction, and that he had been such an efficient and goodworkman.

He was sure the Council would also regret losing him by death (hear, hear).

It was decided to transfer the contract to the son, as suggested by the Surveyor.

---

Assume Gilbert YOUNG left a Will

---

Government Probate Search

YOUNG Gilbert of Fair View Howle Hill Ross, Herefordshire died 21 October 1910.

Probate Hereford 17 December to Emma YOUNG Widow. Effects. £120

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread