Mary Pye, Jemima Pye, John Pye of Kilpeck (General)

by ABentham, Tuesday, September 03, 2024, 13:15 (13 days ago)

Hello,

I have just joined this forum having seen a 2019 conversation concerning Mary Merrick (nee Pye). I am descended from Jemima Pye (1676 - 1712) who married an Arnold Russell (1675 - 1729) from Thruxton. I believe that Jemima and Mary were sisters and had a brother called John Pye (1677 - 1731).

A document at the Hereford Archive centre (Ref. BA31/152) indicates that Jemima and Mary were the children of John Pye of Kilpeck. My understanding is that John Pye of Kilpeck was the second son named John of Lord Walter Pye of Kilpeck and the Mynde (1571-1635), the first son named John dying as an infant. I also understand that John Pye of Kilpeck married a Blanche Lingen (1617-1708) and had a great many children with her. My conundrum is that Herefordshire Bishops transcript Christening records for Jemima and her brother John show a mother named Elizabeth rather than Blanche, I could not find a Christening record for Mary. Either I have gone wrong somewhere, or I’m missing some information? Can anyone here help please?

I’m also struggling with Jemima’s husband Arnold Russell. They did have three sons Arnold, John and Richard and a daughter called Arnemaria about whom I’ve seen quite a lot at HARC however their father and his predecessors are a mystery.

Thanks a lot.

Andy

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread