Forester Arms, Lydney (General)

by Linda Ferris @, North Yorkshire, Sunday, May 08, 2005, 04:26 (6928 days ago)

Could anybody advice me as where I may be able to find a photograph of the 'Forester Arms' Public House, Bream Road, Lydney.

My grandfather was the Landlord in the 1930's and I would like to try and find a photograph of it for my Family Tree File.

Forester Arms, Lydney

by willow, Monday, May 09, 2005, 04:05 (6927 days ago) @ Linda Ferris

Hi

If you dont locate a photograph, I'll be in the area sometime in July or Aug and will take a photo for you, presuming the place is still there.

Edit I have emailed family nearby and they havent heard of it?

Forester Arms, Lydney

by slowhand s @, Thursday, May 12, 2005, 02:36 (6924 days ago) @ willow

Foresters Arms, Bream Road GL15 5JH / 5JL.

< the 1891 census appears to place it "near" Stanford road and the High Street , not as far up as the Hospital, which appeared around 1910 >

Little is known about the Foresters Arms. It had an annual rateable value of £25.15s.0d. in 1891.

1891 Joseph John Allway. Beerhouse. Free from brewery tie (owner reps. of Joseph Taylor)

1903 David Camm. Beerhouse. Arnold Perrett & Co. Ltd., Wickwar Brewery

1939 Sidney Ralph Carpenter

Forester Arms, Lydney

by Joanne Leach @, Lydney, Gloucestershire, England, Friday, May 13, 2005, 18:17 (6923 days ago) @ Linda Ferris

Hi, I have heard the name of this pub mentioned before but I can tell you it definately isn't there now, unfortunately for you. I have had a quick look for you on the net and as of yet haven't come across a piccie of it but I think there must be one somewhere, possibly in a book with local pictures in it. I'll let you know if I have any luck finding anything.
Joanne.

RSS Feed of thread