Photo Gallery - Knights Bakery photo (General)

by Jim Ashton @, Weston Super Mare, England, Saturday, May 21, 2005, 11:41 (6920 days ago)

Re the Knights Bakery photo.
I have a Bernard Knight 1906/1976 in my family tree, my 2nd cousin twice removed. Son of Benjamin Knight 30.6.1855/31.7.1930 and his second wife Miriam Marfell born 1867. He was married to a Peggy 1911/1992. He had a brother Bert. He also had 8 half brothers & sisters from his fathers first marriage to Amelia Barnes. Of these, half brother Thomas Ernest born 22.3.1880 married Rhoda Read my 2nd cousin twice removed, also half brother Benjamin born 11.1.1867 who married Mabel Gibbs, also my 2nd cousin twice removed. I have a picture of Benjamin born 11.1.1887 outside Ed Molls Bar in Oglesby Illinois, USA,taken about 1910 with Ross Read, Oliver Turner and Albert Knight. They are with Ed Moll who married Dora Harriet Read, born Hausley, East Dean 15.11.1883, brother of previously mentioned Ross Read. Ed Molls son Ed Jr. is also in the picture. Oliver Turner is the son of George Turner & Elizabeth Marfell. Albert Knight is the son of Cornelius Knight born 1861 & Abia Read, daughter of William Read & Selina Marfell. I have not submitted the picture as although all the people came from the Forest, or are related to someone from the Forest, the gallery is intended for Forest of Dean photo's. As you probably know many Forest of Dean Miners emigrated to Illinois and I have many contacts there.

Photo Gallery - Knights Bakery photo

by admin ⌂, Forest of Dean, Sunday, May 22, 2005, 07:34 (6919 days ago) @ Jim Ashton

Jim

Even though the picture was taken in the USA, If some of these people were actually born in the Forest, I would be happy to include it in our Photo Gallery.
-----------------

Added to the Photo gallery in the Variety section

Ed Molls Bar Illinois USA c1910
http://forest-of-dean.net/gallery/fod_variety_1/

RSS Feed of thread