WEBSITE CONTINUES! (Announce)

by admin2 @, Wednesday, September 02, 2020, 12:08 (1326 days ago)

Hi all

Many of you will have seen the posts about the risk that this site may close on 31 August. Well I am pleased to say that we are still here and plan to be for the future.

I am now Admin2 and will help the general admin of the Forum and site, particularly while Admin (1) has to deal with some health issues.

We have dealt with the software issues that posed a risk. If you do encounter any problems please post on the Forum.

There are also emerging plans under discussion for the longer term and more will be posted shortly.

Regards

Paul

--
Admin 2

WEBSITE CONTINUES!

by tinak @, Wednesday, September 02, 2020, 13:06 (1326 days ago) @ admin2

Wonderful news - thanks for letting us know.

Tina Kelly.

WEBSITE CONTINUES!

by Dowercottage @, Wednesday, September 02, 2020, 16:31 (1326 days ago) @ admin2

Great news, really glad that the website is continuing. Its records have been a Godsend to me over the years and the help received from members has been invaluable.

WEBSITE CONTINUES!

by alison2 @, Sunday, September 06, 2020, 11:32 (1322 days ago) @ admin2

So Glad this website is continuing, it is invaluable for Research in the Forest of DEAN area. Good luck to all of you.

WEBSITE CONTINUES!

by rhianonturrell @, Monday, September 07, 2020, 14:39 (1321 days ago) @ alison2

That's great news-thank you to those involved.

WEBSITE CONTINUES!

by ChrisW @, Wednesday, September 09, 2020, 23:36 (1318 days ago) @ admin2

That is marvelous news! Thanks to all those involved in the rescue!

Chris

WEBSITE CONTINUES!

by tkjensen @, Laramie, Wyoming, USA, Saturday, September 12, 2020, 00:36 (1316 days ago) @ admin2

This is terrific news! Thank you to all who make this site possible (past and present)...so very grateful for the time and energy expended on this brilliant project that helps so many! I have been able to learn more about my FOD ancestors than I ever dreamed, and have become very attached to the folk that lived (and still live) in this beautiful corner of the world!

Terri

WEBSITE CONTINUES!

by Roughyedbach @, Oldham, Lancashire, Saturday, September 26, 2020, 10:33 (1302 days ago) @ admin2

Wonderful news and many thanks for making it happen. This site is a treasure trove of information for Forest of Dean researchers and is greatly appreciated by all who use it.
'Kip on kippin on' and thank you again!

WEBSITE CONTINUES!

by GenMac 2, Friday, October 30, 2020, 10:56 (1268 days ago) @ Roughyedbach

Just returning after several years away so pleased to hear that you are able to keep up the good work. Recently been in contact with branch of family in Canada who emigrated in 1912. They were the 'James family' from Newland, Whitecroft and Yorkley. John Herbert James was the Saddler in Lydney high street until 1912. They were members of the Whitecroft Methodist Chapel for many years in the 1800's. They want me to help with sorting out James family member photographs in New Forest and Canada.

Take care of yourselves

RSS Feed of thread