How can I find the original of a marriage (Parish Records)

by ritpetite @, New Zealand, Tuesday, January 11, 2022, 21:37 (807 days ago)

Hello
I am trying to find the marriage of Israel Haile to Susannah around this date, this is all I have come up with from some kind people from your forum. Is there anyway I can find out where the original is or how I can find out who they were. Even if it was someone elses family it would be nice for them and me to know. Thank you in anticipation

Record_ID: 21547
Entry_Number: 157
Year: 1795
Month: [not stated]
Day:
Grooms_Surname: illegible
Grooms_Forenames: illegible
Grooms_Residence: otp Westbury
Brides_Residence: otp Westbury
Licence_or_Banns: Licence
Register_Reference: P 354 IN 1/5
Page_Number: 40
Parish_Chapel: Westbury on Severn
Soundex_Groom: I421
Soundex_Bride: I421

ChrisW originally placed the info for me thankyou.

How can I find the original of a marriage

by grahamdavison @, Wednesday, January 12, 2022, 10:22 (806 days ago) @ ritpetite

Both the parish register and IGI imagery are available on Ancestry. If you don`t have access and would like me to forward the images you will have to give me access to your email address via the blue envelope. In the meantime I`ll have a look and see if I can decipher them.

by grahamdavison @, Wednesday, January 12, 2022, 10:33 (806 days ago) @ grahamdavison

I have just looked at the database and there are no illegible marriages between 1794 & 1796.

by grahamdavison @, Wednesday, January 12, 2022, 10:59 (806 days ago) @ grahamdavison

There are various trees on Ancestry which say Israel Haile married Susannah Woodward in 1802 in East Dean, however I can`t find the marriage in the database. There is however the baptism of Israel Hail son of John & Jane on 17 Aug 1767 at Longhope.

by ritpetite @, New Zealand, Wednesday, January 12, 2022, 10:59 (806 days ago) @ grahamdavison

Hello Graham.
I could not find it in either place as I could only search for surname. As there is no surname I am stuck.
That would be very kind of you.
ritpetite@gmail.com is my email address. Thankyou have a nice day. Trying to sleep but too hot/noisy downunder.

by ritpetite @, New Zealand, Wednesday, January 19, 2022, 16:05 (799 days ago) @ ritpetite

Just to let anyone know who was running round searching for this Couple.

Found in Bristol Archives Thomas Hailes and Susanna Simmons married 1799 at St Mary Redcliffe.
Because he was Thomas I could not find it on Ancestry. Moral of the story "look outside the square". Thankyou.

RSS Feed of thread