Forest Roots by David Perry - Cowmeadow family (General)

by lamplighter10, Saturday, February 05, 2022, 01:33 (811 days ago)

Whilst sorting out books and papers, I came across the above which I was sent years ago.
It is of no use to me and I do not want to give to charity or throw out.
Perhaps someone in the Cowmeadow family would like it. Will send no charge.

lamplighter10

Forest Roots by David Perry - Cowmeadow family

by tinak @, Wednesday, February 23, 2022, 21:09 (792 days ago) @ lamplighter10

Hello,

I would be very pleased to give this a home. My great-great-grandmother was a Cowmeadow, and I have done quite a lot of research into the Cowmeadow family. Please let me know if it is still available, and if so then I will ask Admin how we can contact each other privately to arrange.

Tina.

by admin2 @, Wednesday, February 23, 2022, 21:38 (792 days ago) @ tinak

Hi both

Lamplighter can click the envelope icon in Tina's heading and send a private email.
Regards

Paul

--
Admin 2

by lucyhartland, Sunday, July 10, 2022, 22:12 (655 days ago) @ tinak

I am also interested in this family. I am related by way of Elizabeth Cowmeadow (1813 - 1856), daughter of Thomas Cowmeadow (and a long line of blacksmiths) and Sarah Birt. If you have any insights into the family in general as a result of reading the book, it would be great if you could share them here.

by obscurasky @, Thursday, July 14, 2022, 11:28 (652 days ago) @ lucyhartland

Is there a connection between the family and Cowmeadow Farm, at English Bicknor?

by tinak @, Tuesday, July 19, 2022, 16:00 (647 days ago) @ obscurasky

From recollection I think that David Perry did mention this in his book, but he had not found any records to indicate what, if anything, the connection might be.

by tinak @, Tuesday, July 19, 2022, 15:58 (647 days ago) @ lucyhartland

Hi Lucy,

Unfortunately I was not lucky enough to get the book - I presume that lamplighter10 was contacted by someone else before me. However, I have ordered it through my local library in the past. I think that they obtained it from the British Library.

I have done quite a lot of research into my branch of the Cowmeadow family, and have a tree on Ancestry. I would be happy to give you access to it if you would like to email me privately. However, your Elizabeth Cowmeadow (1813-1856) and Thomas Cowmeadow do not feature in it, and so I think that you must be descended from a different branch of the family.

Tina.

by lucyhartland, Tuesday, July 19, 2022, 22:38 (646 days ago) @ tinak

Thanks for that. I will message separately but just responding here in case anyone else wants to join this conversation. There do seem to be quite a lot of Cowmeadows, some of them very interesting so it would be good to see a "Grand" tree one day.

by tinak @, Saturday, July 23, 2022, 11:39 (643 days ago) @ lucyhartland

Hi Lucy,

I do not know if you have tried to message me privately yet, but I just wanted to let you know that if you have, I have not received it.

Tina.

by lucyhartland, Sunday, July 24, 2022, 00:45 (642 days ago) @ tinak

Hi Tina

I have sent another message but if these messages arrive "direct" then it may be caught up in your junk mail filter

But to move things along, the line I have traced is:

Elizabeth Cowmeadow, b 1813, Newent, daughter of
Thomas Cowmeadow, b 1774, Newent, Blacksmith, son of
William Cowmeadow, b 1740, Newent, Blacksmith, son of
William Cowmeadow, b 1714, Aston Ingham, son of
William Cowmeadow, b 1682, Newent, son of
John Cowmeadow, b 1661, Newent, son of
Edward Cowmeadow

(the last couple were identified as a result of another post on this forum - I don't know how to link it but it is called "Cowmeadow Family of Newent", by anthonyworgan and you've probably seen it)

cheers
Lucy

by tinak @, Monday, July 25, 2022, 09:39 (641 days ago) @ lucyhartland

Hi Lucy,
I have checked my Junk folder, but there is nothing in it.
My line is as follows:
Elizabeth Cowmeadow b 1841 Drybrook, daughter of
James Cowmeadow b 1814 Drybrook blacksmith and steam boiler maker, son of
James Cowmeadow b 1788 Ruardean blacksmith and steam boiler maker, son of
William Cowmeadow b 1755 Ruardean blacksmith, son of
William Cowmeadow b 1735 Ruardean, son of
William Cowmeadow

I would have thought that it is not unlikely that there is a relationship between the two families, but that it is so far back that we are never going to find it!

Best wishes,
Tina.

by melly, Monday, April 22, 2024, 14:24 (4 days ago) @ tinak

Hi Tina I have found cowmeadow in my family line from Rureadean forgive spelling william cowmeadow married to pleasant Jordan English Bickner area? is it possible we are related at all..Thanks MEl

by billcs777 @, Friday, February 25, 2022, 19:00 (790 days ago) @ lamplighter10

Interestingly I have a 1st cousin 3 times removed (through a 3rd great-grandfather on my father's side), Annie James, who married a Seefried Cowmeadow in 1931.

by tinak @, Friday, February 25, 2022, 20:34 (790 days ago) @ billcs777

Seefreid was the great-nephew of my great-great-grandmother, Elizabeth Cowmeadow. He was the grandson of her brother, James, who married Leah Bower.

RSS Feed of thread