John (Jack) Wyatt & Viv Williams (General)

by May Brace @, Sunday, June 05, 2005, 06:43 (6903 days ago)

Does anyone have any info on John Wyatt from about 1890 or Vivian Williams that may help kick start my research again please. I am not having much luck knocking down this particular brick wall in Coleford.

I know that John Wyatt's wife was probably Annie Williams b Llandogo (but haven't been able to prove it yet) They lived in the Market place Coleford and are reputed to have brought up Grandad Williams Sister Olive from about 1904 after their mother died. They were greengrocers.

Viv Williams was a painter and decorator with a shop next door to the Wyatts 1930's? and he is reputed to be a cousin of Grandad's but again I can't prove it. He lived in Machen Rd, Broadwell at one time which is just round the corner from where my Grandad (Fred) lived.

Any information, however vague might help. All we seem to have are rememberings of my father mentioning these names many years ago

Thanks for reading this, hope someone can help.

Olive WILLIAMS 1900 line ?

by Slowhand-s @, Sunday, June 05, 2005, 08:21 (6903 days ago) @ May Brace

Williams Line?

Year: 1902
Month: Apr
Day: 13
Parents_Surname: WILLIAMS
Child_Forenames: Olive Hilda Blanche
Fathers_Forenames: Alfred
Mothers_Forenames: Martha
Mothers_Surname:
Residence: Clearwell
Officiating_Minister: C Floddard
Event: Baptism
Memoranda:
Notes:
Register_Reference: P88 IN 1/3
Page_Number: 41
Parish_Chapel: Clearwell

1911 The Langetts Lydney
Alfred Williams 44
Martha Williams 41
Fred Williams 18
Olive Williams 11
Edith Williams 8
James Williams 6
Annie Williams 5

Alfred Williams abt 1866 Clearwell, Gloucestershire, England Head Newland Gloucestershire
Agnes Williams abt 1887 Clearwell, Gloucestershire, England Daughter Newland Gloucestershire
Esther Williams abt 1889 Clearwell, Gloucestershire, England Daughter Newland Gloucestershire
Fred Williams abt 1893 Clearwell, Gloucestershire, England Son Newland Gloucestershire
Lizzie Williams abt 1891 Clearwell, Gloucestershire, England Daughter Newland Gloucestershire
Martha Williams abt 1869 Codderford, Gloucestershire, England Wife Newland Gloucestershire
Olive Williams abt 1900 Clearwell, Gloucestershire, England Daughter Newland Gloucestershire

1891 Clearwell Meend
Williams, Alfred abt 1865 Clearwell, Gloucestershire Head West Dean Gloucestershire
Williams, Martha abt 1869 East Dean, Gloucestershire Wife West Dean Gloucestershire
Williams, Esther abt 1889 Candwell, Gloucestershire Daughter West Dean Gloucestershire
Williams, Lizzie abt 1881 Newland, Gloucestershire Daughter West Dean Gloucestershire
Williams, Agnes abt 1887 Stow, Gloucestershire Daughter West Dean Gloucestershire

Alfred Williams abt 1866 Clearwell, Gloucestershire, England Farm Servant Stow Green, Newland, Gloucestershire, England

1871 Clearwell nr Wyesham Arms
Agnes S Williams abt 1860 Clearwell, Gloucestershire, England Daughter Newland Gloucestershire
Alfred Williams abt 1866 Clearwell, Gloucestershire, England Son Newland Gloucestershire
Edwin Williams abt 1829 Monmouthshire, Wales Head Newland Gloucestershire
Edwin Williams abt 1859 Clearwell, Gloucestershire, England Son Newland Gloucestershire
George Williams abt 1863 Clearwell, Gloucestershire, England Son Newland Gloucestershire
Margaret Williams abt 1836 Clearwell, Gloucestershire, England Wife Newland Gloucestershire
Wm Henry Williams abt 1868 Clearwell, Gloucestershire, England Son Newland Gloucestershire

1861 Ellwood
Agnes Williams abt 1860 Clearwell, Gloucestershire, England Daughter Newland Gloucestershire
Edwin Williams abt 1831 Monmouthshire, Wales Head Newland Gloucestershire
Edwin Williams abt 1858 Clearwell, Gloucestershire, England Son Newland Gloucestershire
Margarett Williams abt 1836 Clearwell, Gloucestershire, England Wife Newland Gloucestershire

Williams' and Wyatt.s

by May @, Sunday, June 05, 2005, 11:05 (6903 days ago) @ Slowhand-s

Williams Line?
»
» Fred Williams abt 1893 Clearwell, Gloucestershire, England Son Newland
» Gloucestershire

» Olive Williams abt 1900 Clearwell, Gloucestershire, England Daughter
» Newland Gloucestershire

Thank you Slowhands,

I have the descendants and ancestors from the 1700's for Fred and Olive (Grandad and his sister) Their father was Henry John Williams from Pilstone Farm Llandogo, who married Martha (aka Mattie) Rosser in 1887

I am looking for a connection to Vivian Williams from Coleford who is reputedly the cousin of Fred. I will check out some of the other families you gave to see if there is a link to Henry John's 2 missing brothers from Pilstone Farm Llandogo Monmouthshire. I think Henry John's brother Fred (b Pilstone 1861)who was crippled may have died and I have a possible death for him, but brother William (b Pilstone 1857) is still a complete mystery after 1881.

WYATTS

Sister Annie (Williams, b Pilstone Fm Llandogo 1853) may have married John Wyatt. I have a possible death for John Wyatt's wife Jane. The 1891 census shows Annie Wyatt (wife) as b Llandogo 1858 which could either have been a date error or not our Annie. I know that 1853 is correct for Annie b Pilstone Llandogo, because I took that from the parish records myself. However, I have yet to find the marriage. I think John Wyatt might be the elusive Uncle John, but even if he and Annie were unmarried I cannot find a son Vivian Williams.

There is only one Annie Williams of about the right age b Llandogo on the 1901 census but she is Mrs Williams in Monmouth. Williams marrying Williams is not unheard of locally as there were so many Williams families around the Trelleck Mon area. When I get another 1901 census voucher I will check that out.

As yet the Wyatt/Annie Williams connection is not quite right and there is still research to be done on that.

Anyway, my thanks to you for starting me off thinking along slightly different lines.

May

Olive Williams line ?

by May, Sunday, June 05, 2005, 11:06 (6903 days ago) @ Slowhand-s

Williams Line?
»
» Fred Williams abt 1893 Clearwell, Gloucestershire, England Son Newland
» Gloucestershire

» Olive Williams abt 1900 Clearwell, Gloucestershire, England Daughter
» Newland Gloucestershire

Thank you Slowhands,

I have the descendants and ancestors from the 1700's for Fred and Olive (Grandad and his sister) Their father was Henry John Williams from Pilstone Farm Llandogo, who married Martha (aka Mattie) Rosser in 1887

I am looking for a connection to Vivian Williams from Coleford who is reputedly the cousin of Fred. I will check out some of the other families you gave to see if there is a link to Henry John's 2 missing brothers from Pilstone Farm Llandogo Monmouthshire. I think Henry John's brother Fred (b Pilstone 1861)who was crippled may have died and I have a possible death for him, but brother William (b Pilstone 1857) is still a complete mystery after 1881.

WYATTS

Their sister Annie (b Pilstone Fm Llandogo 1853) may have married John Wyatt in Coleford. I have a possible death for John Wyatt's wife Jane. The 1891 census shows Annie Wyatt (wife) as b Llandogo 1858 which could either have been a date error or not our Annie. I know that 1853 is correct for Annie b Pilstone Llandogo, because I took that from the parish records myself. However, I have yet to find the marriage. I think John Wyatt might be the elusive Uncle John, but even if he and Annie were unmarried I cannot find a son Vivian.

There is only one Annie Williams of about the right age b Llandogo on the 1901 census but she is Mrs Williams in Monmouth. Williams marrying Williams is not unheard of locally as there were so many Williams families around the Trelleck Mon area. When I get another 1901 census voucher I will check that out.

As yet the Wyatt/Annie Williams connection is not quite right and there is still research to be done on that.

Anyway, my thanks to you for starting me off thinking along slightly different lines.

May

Deja Vu !

by Slowhand-s @, Sunday, June 05, 2005, 15:16 (6903 days ago) @ May

I had a feeling I had been close before !

Did you get anywhere with Martha J Rosser in 1881 at College ?

Year: 1887
Month: Jan
Day: 25
Grooms_Surname: WILLIAMS
Grooms_Forenames: Henry John
Grooms_Age: 21
Groom_Condition: Bachelor
Grooms_Occupation: Butcher
Grooms_Residence: Coleford
Grooms_Fathers_Surname: Williams
Grooms_Fathers_Forenames: William
Grooms_Fathers_Occupation: Farmer
Brides_Surname: ROSSER
Brides_Forenames: Martha Jane Rudeman
Brides_Age: 26
Brides_Condition: Spinster
Brides_Occupation: [not stated]
Brides_Residence: St Pauls Parkend
Brides_Fathers_Surname: Rosser
Brides_Fathers_Forenames: James
Brides_Fathers_Occupation: Colliery Proprietor
Licence_or_Banns: [not stated]
Date_of_Banns:
Signature_or_Mark: Both sign
Witness_1: James Rosser
Witness_2: Eliza Beatrice Rosser
Other_Witnesses:
Officiating_Minister: J W Thomas Assist[ant] Curate
Event: Marriage
Memoranda:
Notes:
Register_Reference: P93 IN 1/11
Page_Number: 74
Parish_Chapel: Coleford

Deja Vu !

by May @, Monday, June 06, 2005, 08:30 (6902 days ago) @ Slowhand-s

» I had a feeling I had been close before !
»
» Did you get anywher with Martha J Rosser in 1881 at College ?

Yes thank you - I found her at a girls school in Northampton age 18.

I am currently trying to find Uncle John (Wyatt or Williams?) and Aunt? who brought up Martha's daughter Olive at Market Place, Coleford. Martha (Williams)died when Olive was very young.

Also I am looking for Rosser rellies for distant cousin Murray's visit in September

Thanks for your interest Slowhands

May

John (Jack) Wyatt line

by Slowhand-s @, Sunday, June 05, 2005, 08:22 (6903 days ago) @ May Brace

Wyatt Traders of Coleford / Bristol Line

Where is Thoams Wyatt ? Suzan is a CRAY - october 1824 Bristol

1851 Coleford
WYATT Susanna 27 Glass & China Dealers Wife Bristol St. Phillips
James 4 Newland
John 5m Newland
Charles 5 Newland
Alice Visitor Widow/er 53 House Keeper Bristol St. Phillips
BEACH Emma Servant 14 West Dean

1861 St Johns Place Coleford
Charles Wyatt abt 1851 Newland, Gloucestershire, England Son Newland Gloucestershire
James Wyatt abt 1847 Newland, Gloucestershire, England Son Newland Gloucestershire
John Wyatt abt 1851 Newland, Gloucestershire, England Son Newland Gloucestershire
Sarah Anne Wyatt abt 1859 Newland, Gloucestershire, England Daughter Newland Gloucestershire
Susana Wyatt abt 1824 Bristol, Gloucestershire, England Wife Newland Gloucestershire
Susana Wyatt abt 1856 Newland, Gloucestershire, England Daughter Newland Gloucestershire
Thomas Wyatt abt 1819 Bristol Head Newland Gloucestershire
Thomas H Wyatt abt 1852 Newland, Gloucestershire, England Son Newland Gloucestershire

1871 Grocer / draper
John Wyatt abt 1850 Whitecliff Head West Dean Gloucestershire
Janes Wyatt abt 1852 Bream Wife West Dean Gloucestershire
Sonny Somm Wyatt abt 1870 Whitecroft Daughter West Dean Gloucestershire
Wallice Wyatt abt 1871 Whitecroft Son West Dean Gloucestershire

1881 Bell Inn Coleford
John Wyatt abt 1849 Coleford, Gloucestershire, England Head The Bell Inn, West Dean, Gloucestershire, England
Jane Wyatt abt 1852 Bream, Gloucestershire, England Wife The Bell Inn, West Dean, Gloucestershire, England
Wallace Wyatt abt 1871 Whitecroft W D, Gloucestershire, England Son The Bell Inn, West Dean, Gloucestershire, England

1891 green gocer Market Place Coleford
Wyatt, John abt 1850 Coleford, Gloucestershire Head Newland Gloucestershire
Wyatt, Annie abt 1858 Llandogo, Mon Wife Newland Gloucestershire
Wyatt, Charles F abt 1890 Coleford, Gloucestershire Son Newland Gloucestershire
Wyatt, John H abt 1888 Coleford, Gloucestershire Son Newland Gloucestershire

Kelly's Directory 1902
WYATT Annie (Mrs.), fruiterer & bill poster, Market place

James Wyatt abt 1847 White Cliff, Gloucestershire, England Head Coleford
Emma Jane Wyatt abt 1865 Lane End, Gloucestershire, England Wife Coleford Gloucestershire
Archibald Thomas Wyatt abt 1899 Cross Ways, Gloucestershire, England Son Coleford Gloucestershire
Charles Henry Wyatt abt 1887 Philadelphia, United States Son Coleford Gloucestershire
Fredrick Benjamin Wyatt abt 1895 Cross Ways, Gloucestershire, England Son Coleford Gloucestershire
Harold Cray Wyatt abt 1892 Cross Ways, Gloucestershire, England Son Coleford Gloucestershire

WYATT JAMES M 1847 64 Monmouth Monmouthshire
WYATT EMMA F 1867 44 Monmouth Monmouthshire
WYATT ARCHIE M 1899 12 Monmouth Monmouthshire
WYATT FRED M 1895 16 Monmouth Monmouthshire
WYATT HAROLD M 1892 19 Monmouth Monmouthshire

John (Jack) Wyatt line

by Pris of Pa @, Sunday, December 18, 2011, 19:14 (4516 days ago) @ Slowhand-s

John Wyatt son of Thomas & Susannah (Cray) Wyatt was a brother to my grandfather, Thomas H. Wyatt. John was a rather interesting character I suspect. He married Jane Sims in 1869 and had 2 children Linnie Maud and Wallace.
I don't know what happened to Jane, but on 1891 Census he was enumerated with wife Annie Wyatt and 2 children John H b abt 1888 and Charles F b abt 1890. The census shows them living next to Herbert and Alice Hatton. John's daughter Linnie Maud married a Hatton.
John died 29 Aug 1893. I have a copy of death ctf showing his sister Caroline (Wyatt) Bolter was present at death.
1911 Census has Annie Bell with son John Henry Wyatt, age 22 and niece Olive Williams age 9. I know there have been posts mentioning Annie Williams and Olive Williams.
I also had an email (which I have misplaced) Saying that Annie Bell had children by John Wyatt,and she used his name until he died then went back to Bell. The implication was that Annie & John were never married.
As to John's son Wallace Wyat. I have found him living in the US. It looks like he was married 5 times. I don't know what happened to the wives, if they died or were divorced. From what I have seen on the US Census he did not have children with any of the wives. I don't know if this information will help someone or raise more questions.
Priscilla Davis

John Henry WYATT (BELL ?) 1888 ish Coleford

by slowhands @, proud of his ancient Dean Forest roots, Monday, December 19, 2011, 09:15 (4515 days ago) @ Pris of Pa

Year: 1869
Month: Jun
Day: 20
Grooms_Surname: WYATT
Grooms_Forenames: John
Grooms_Age: 18
Groom_Condition: Batchelor
Grooms_Occupation: Grocer
Grooms_Residence: Whitecroft
Grooms_Fathers_Surname: Wyatt
Grooms_Fathers_Forenames: Thomas
Grooms_Fathers_Occupation: General Dealer
Brides_Surname: SIMS
Brides_Forenames: Jane
Brides_Age: 17
Brides_Condition: Spinster
Brides_Occupation: [not stated]
Brides_Residence: Whitecroft
Brides_Fathers_Surname: Sims
Brides_Fathers_Forenames: Daniel
Brides_Fathers_Occupation: Grocer & Draper
Licence_or_Banns: Licence
Date_of_Banns:
Signature_or_Mark: Both sign
Witness_1: Thomas Kear
Witness_2: Ann Sims
Other_Witnesses:
Officiating_Minister: Jo[hn] Jo[seph] Elsworth Vicar
Event: Marriage
Memoranda:
Notes:
Register_Reference: P245 IN 1/21
Page_Number: 95
Parish_Chapel: Parkend

John Wyatt abt 1849 Coleford, Gloucestershire, England Head West Dean, Gloucestershire
Jane Wyatt abt 1852 Bream, Gloucestershire, England Wife West Dean, Gloucestershire
Wallace Wyatt abt 1871 Whitecroft W D, Gloucestershire, England Son West Dean, Gloucestershire

Year: 1886
Month: Aug
Day: 12
Surname: WYATT
Forenames: Jane
Residence: Coleford
Age_at_death: 34
Officiating_Minister: HE Dandy
Event: Burial
Cause_of_death:
Memoranda:
Notes:
Register_Reference: P57 IN 1/17
Page_No: 155
Parish_Chapel: Bream

John Wyatt abt 1850 Coleford, Gloucestershire, England Head Newland, Gloucestershire
Annie Wyatt abt 1858 Llandogo, Monmouthshire, Wales Wife Newland, Gloucestershire
John H Wyatt abt 1888 Coleford, Gloucestershire, England Son Newland, Gloucestershire
Charles F Wyatt abt 1890 Coleford, Gloucestershire, England Son Newland, Gloucestershire

Annie Bell abt 1861 England, Monmouthshire, Wales Head Coleford, Gloucestershire
John Bell abt 1888 Coleford, Gloucestershire, England Son Coleford, Gloucestershire

Annie Bell 53
John Henry Wyatt 22
Olive Williams 9

Name: John Henry Wyatt
Age in 1911: 22
Estimated Birth Year: abt 1889
Relation to Head: Son
Birth Place: Coleford, Gloucestershire, England
Civil parish: Coleford
County/Island: Monmouthshire
Street Address: Market Place Coleford
Marital Status: Single

Could this be John Henry Wyatt Bell ?

Name: John Henry W Bell
Date of Registration: Jan-Feb-Mar 1888
Registration district: Monmouth
Inferred County: Monmouthshire
Volume: 11a
Page: 19

<><><><><><><> the WILLIAMS family from Pilstone
Henry John Williams abt 1865 Pilston Head West Dean, Gloucestershire
Mattie Williams abt 1865 Lydney, Gloucestershire, England Wife West Dean, Gloucestershire
William Baker abt 1872 Coleford, Gloucestershire, England Visitor West Dean, Gloucestershire

--
Ἀριστοτέλης A Gloster Boy in the Forest of Dean ><((((*>

John Henry WYATT (BELL ?) 1888 ish Coleford

by Pris of Pa @, Monday, December 19, 2011, 22:27 (4514 days ago) @ slowhands

I am pretty sure you are right on the above. I had been told that Annie Bell gave the children she had with John the middle name of Wyatt. I have not been able to find anything on the other son, Charles F. Wyatt. Did search on Ancestry.com under both surnames of Wyatt and Bell and found nothing.
I just found a copy of Death on John and Linnie's son, Wallace. He died in Missouri USA Oct 7, 1938. He was 67, birthdate listed as 2 Jan 1871.
John's twin brother Charles was a bit of a mystery also. He was married to Alice Harris and had 2 children. Milson Charles who was born and died in 1872. There was another son Frederick Charles. Charles came to US and started another family. Have not been able to find anything on Alice or son Frederick.
Priscilla

Vivian Williams - a possible

by slowhands @, proud of his ancient Dean Forest roots, Monday, September 12, 2005, 13:34 (6804 days ago) @ May Brace

1901 between Trafalgar and Crump Meadow
George E Williams abt 1869 Ellwood, Gloucestershire, England Head East Dean Gloucestershire
Emma J Williams abt 1871 Llandogo, Monmouthshire, Wales Wife East Dean Gloucestershire
George Vivian Williams abt 1900 Cinderford, Gloucestershire, England Son East Dean Gloucestershire

1891 Ellwood
Williams, Ann abt 1833 West Dean Head West Dean Gloucestershire
Williams, George C abt 1868 West Dean Son West Dean Gloucestershire
Williams, John W abt 1866 West Dean Son West Dean Gloucestershire

1881 Ellwood
John W. Williams abt 1822 Wollaston, Gloucestershire, England Head West Dean, Gloucestershire,
Ann Williams abt 1831 Lydney, Gloucestershire, England Wife West Dean, Gloucestershire, England
Ellen Williams abt 1871 West Dean, Gloucestershire, England Daughter West Dean, Gloucestershire, England
George Williams abt 1868 West Dean, Gloucestershire, England Son West Dean, Gloucestershire, England

1871 Ellwood
John W Williams abt 1828 Woolaston, Gloucestershire, England Head West Dean Gloucestershire
Ann Williams abt 1833 Lydney, Gloucestershire, England Wife West Dean Gloucestershire
Amelia A Williams abt 1857 West Dean, Gloucestershire, England Daughter West Dean Gloucestershire
Ellen Williams abt 1871 West Dean, Gloucestershire, England Daughter West Dean Gloucestershire
Faney W Williams abt 1861 West Dean, Gloucestershire, England Daughter West Dean Gloucestershire
George C Williams abt 1868 West Dean, Gloucestershire, England Son West Dean Gloucestershire
John W Williams abt 1865 West Dean, Gloucestershire, England Son West Dean Gloucestershire
Rachell W Williams abt 1868 West Dean, Gloucestershire, England Daughter West Dean Gloucestershire

1861 Ellwood
John Weaver Williams abt 1824 Lydbrook, Gloucestershire, England Head West Dean Gloucestershire
Ann Williams abt 1835 Lydney, Gloucestershire, England Wife West Dean Gloucestershire
Amelia Ann Williams abt 1857 East Dean, Gloucestershire, England Daughter West Dean Gloucestershire

1851 West Dean ( looks like Lydbrook in West Dean - Worral Hill perhaps)
WILLIAMS John Weaver Visitor 25 Labourer Newnham

and a WYATT family in West DEAN - Amelia as the daughter...

WYATT Charles 55 Labourer Stroud
Martha 48 Trelleck Monmouth
Amelia 31 Lydney

--
Ἀριστοτέλης A Gloster Boy in the Forest of Dean ><((((*>

Vivian Williams - a possible

by May @, Monday, September 12, 2005, 14:39 (6804 days ago) @ slowhands

Thanks for the lead and all the info on possible Vivian Williams's. It makes me think he couldn't have been related after all, as nothing but his name seems to fit. Oh well, another one eliminated! Perhaps I should be looking for skeletons in cupboards! Thanks anyway and I'll keep you posted if I make any connections.

May

RSS Feed of thread