Elizabeth Davi(e)s - death sometime after 1921 census (General)

by mikedavies @, Huddersfield, Thursday, June 02, 2022, 17:30 (686 days ago)

Elizabeth (nee Price) was married to my Gt. Gt. Grandfather Paul Davis (or William Paul Davies).

I have her baptism in Ross in 1843 from this site, and the marriage in Ross in 1860 (when it says she was 18). I then have all the census details up until 1921 when she is 79, and still living with Paul in Ross.

The one thing I can't find is when and where she died? Can anyone help? I've tried this site, Findmypast and GRO.

Regards
Mike Davies

Elizabeth Davi(e)s - death sometime after 1921 census

by cmfenton @, Ferndown, Dorset, Friday, June 03, 2022, 18:18 (685 days ago) @ mikedavies

While I can't provide the exact information you have asked for - there is a family tree on Family Search (the LDS site) which takes Elizabeth's mother (Mary Beard) back to the 17th century and has details for some of Elizabeth's many siblings.

Obviously I can't vouch for its accuracy but you may find something there of interest to you.

Regards

-Colin

by mikedavies @, Huddersfield, Saturday, June 04, 2022, 13:40 (684 days ago) @ cmfenton

Hi Colin,

Thanks for this, I'll check it out.

Mike

by mikedavies @, Huddersfield, Wednesday, February 08, 2023, 21:39 (435 days ago) @ mikedavies

I’m still no further forward with tracing Elizabeth’s death. Can anyone help?

I’ve found out that both her daughter in law (Mary Ann Davies) and subsequently her son (Alfred Davies) ended up in Burghill hospital, Hereford, and have tried looking in that area for her death, but to no avail.

Having spent all of her life in Ross, if she didn’t die there, then did she move away to be nearer any of her other children? I find that hard to believe when aged 78+

Mike

by slowhands @, proud of his ancient Dean Forest roots, Wednesday, February 08, 2023, 23:33 (435 days ago) @ mikedavies

Deaths Dec 1921 (>99%)
Davies Paul 83 Ross 6a 538

Is this the death of Husband William Paul ?

if she is not in Ross how far away did the offspring move ? did she move away as a widow

long shot did she remarry perhaps?

--
Ἀριστοτέλης A Gloster Boy in the Forest of Dean ><((((*>

by mikedavies @, Huddersfield, Thursday, February 09, 2023, 18:16 (434 days ago) @ slowhands

Hi Slowhands

Two of Elizabeth’s children were in London, one in the hospital in Burghill, Hereford, another in Hereford (possibly Burghill again as he died there), and another possibly Monmouth area, as the husband was a miner and I can’t trace them after their marriage in 1891.

Elizabeth is on the census in Ross in 1921 aged 79. Would she relocate or marry at that age? There is a burial in Ross in 1931 but says Elizabeth is 66 and not around 88.

Regards
Mike

Elizabeth DAVIES - death sometime after 1921 census

by slowhands @, proud of his ancient Dean Forest roots, Thursday, February 09, 2023, 20:52 (434 days ago) @ mikedavies

Deaths Jun 1924 (>99%)
Davies Elizabeth 81 Willesden 3a 259

one to consider
I have a relative who was visiting her daughter , fell and ended up in hospital 50 miles from "home" and thats where her death was recorded :-(

--

by mikedavies @, Huddersfield, Thursday, February 09, 2023, 22:04 (434 days ago) @ slowhands

Hi Slowhands,

I’ll check this out, but I think you are right, as without checking again, I believe her daughter was in Willesden in 1921.

Regards
Mike

Elizabeth Davi(e)s - death 1924 in Willesden

by mikedavies @, Huddersfield, Friday, February 17, 2023, 15:04 (426 days ago) @ mikedavies

Hi Slowhands,

Just received the death certificate for Elizabeth Davies aged 81 in Willesden, Middlesex (London), in 1924. She died at her daughters house as you surmised. Whether she was visiting or had moved to live with her daughter, I’ll never know, but thanks for helping to track her down.

Regards
Mike Davies

Elizabeth DAVIES - death 1924 in Willesden

by slowhands @, proud of his ancient Dean Forest roots, Friday, February 17, 2023, 17:05 (426 days ago) @ mikedavies

you are welcome one loose end less !

--

RSS Feed of thread