Sidney Byett nee Robins (General)

by twister2k, Cinderford, Tuesday, October 25, 2022, 19:57 (520 days ago)

Good evening all,
i have hit a brickwall regarding one of my ancestors. My 4th great-grandmother was Sidney Robins. She married my 4th great-grandfather, William Byett, in Awre on 21st April 1821. She died just afew years later, on 30th Nov 1824. I have been unable to find any information on her prior to marriage other than she was possibly born in the Awre area around 1797. However, that may be incorrect. Does any body have any information that might be helpful?

Many thanks
Richard

Sidney Byett nee Robins

by grahamdavison @, Tuesday, October 25, 2022, 21:33 (520 days ago) @ twister2k

I think the person is recorded as Zindonah ROBINS bapt at Bream on 4 March 1798 dau of Elizabeth, no fathers name given

I note that in the baptisms of her 2 children Ann & William her christian name is recorded as Cindonia

Sidney Byett nee Robins

by twister2k, Cinderford, Wednesday, October 26, 2022, 14:54 (520 days ago) @ grahamdavison

I think the person is recorded as Zindonah ROBINS bapt at Bream on 4 March 1798 dau of Elizabeth, no fathers name given

I note that in the baptisms of her 2 children Ann & William her christian name is recorded as Cindonia

Hi Graham, i do not have any record of her having 2 children named Ann & William. The only child she had with William Byett was a son named John, born 10 Oct 1824. She died shortly after his birth.

Sidney Byett nee Robins

by grahamdavison @, Wednesday, October 26, 2022, 15:29 (520 days ago) @ twister2k

The 2 children are:

Ann dau of William & Cindonia Byett baptised at Blakeney on 13 July 1823 &

William son of William & Cindonia Byett baptised at Blakeney on 17 Oct 1824

I can`t see any baptism of a John with father William in 1824

Sidney Byett nee Robins

by twister2k, Cinderford, Friday, October 28, 2022, 17:02 (518 days ago) @ grahamdavison

The 2 children are:

Ann dau of William & Cindonia Byett baptised at Blakeney on 13 July 1823 &

William son of William & Cindonia Byett baptised at Blakeney on 17 Oct 1824

I can`t see any baptism of a John with father William in 1824

Hi Graham,
Baptism of John was at Awre in 1824. I didnt know about the ones you have mentioned. Will add them in and do some more research. The different spelling of the name Sidney is a massive help too, thank you :)

Sidney Byett nee Robins

by grahamdavison @, Friday, October 28, 2022, 22:56 (517 days ago) @ twister2k

I don`t believe John is William`s son and I can`t find a baptism in Awre in this timeframe.

Sidney Byett nee Robins

by twister2k, Cinderford, Saturday, October 29, 2022, 08:30 (517 days ago) @ grahamdavison

I don`t believe John is William`s son and I can`t find a baptism in Awre in this timeframe.

My apologies, Johns baptism was actually in 1833 in Blakeney. 18th Aug 1833. So some almost 9 years after his birth. He then went on to marry Margaret James on 23 Nov 1846.

Sidney Byett nee Robins

by MPGriffiths @, Saturday, October 29, 2022, 10:41 (517 days ago) @ twister2k

? Sibling

Baptism at Bream : 9 February 1794

Mildred ROBINS -

father's forename: Not stated

mothe's forename: Elizabeth

Memoranda: daugher of

--

again listed 9 February 1794 Parish Chapel: Newland

Mildred ROBINS,

residence: BREEM

Memoranda: illegitimate

----

Burial at Newland:

1 June 1794

Mildred ROBINS - residence: Breem

Memoranda: illigiimate dau of Elizabeth.

----

Sidney Byett nee Robins

by JUDYBARRI, Thursday, November 03, 2022, 14:47 (512 days ago) @ twister2k

Can you let me know if you find anything, I am also stuck with this person. Cannot find any parents anywhere.

Sidney Byett nee Robins

by twister2k, Cinderford, Thursday, November 03, 2022, 16:59 (512 days ago) @ JUDYBARRI

Hi,
using the information in the other posts i have pieced together that Sidney Robins was likely the illegitimate daughter of Elizabeth Robins. Sidney was likely born early 1798 in Bream. There is a baptism record for a Zindonah Robins in Bream for 4 Mar 1798. No record of who her father may have been. Elizabeth Robins appears to have been born to William Robins and Anne Robins nee Lane, with a baptism record 22 Sep 1765 in Bream.

Hope this helps, and if anyone else can shed light on Sidney / Zindonah / Cindonia Robins please do so :)

Rich

RSS Feed of thread