Gloucestershire Archives lookup (General)

by DarrenP, Thursday, March 30, 2023, 03:23 (387 days ago)

Hello,
Does anyone go to the Archives at all? Would someone be kind enough to look up a document for me please? Living in Australia, my options are limited, and the archives staff have told me that this search is apparently beyond their capabilities or capacity.
Reference no. D3775/1 is a bundle of documents relating to Smow Farm in Ashchurch, which hasn't been broken down any further than the bundle of approximately 40 documents. I am only interested in a document that I am aware of,and assume it is in this bundle. It is a document dated approximately 1762,and relates to the Dowdeswell family. It apparently is transfer of ownership of property from father Thomas Dowdeswell to his sons. I was made aware of this document many years ago, but have never found it, until I discovered the above reference.
I am happy to pay any fees, such as archive access,parking, travel costs, etc. Also,I am happy with a simple transcript. The information in this document will help to sort out a longstanding mystery.
Many thanks in advance.

Gloucestershire Archives lookup

by DarrenP, Saturday, April 01, 2023, 09:21 (385 days ago) @ DarrenP

Hello moderators, can someone kindly put my thread in the correct section. I'm not sure how it ended up in "urgent".
Thank you.

Gloucestershire Archives lookup

by admin ⌂, Forest of Dean, Saturday, April 01, 2023, 10:50 (385 days ago) @ DarrenP

Tis done!

RSS Feed of thread