The TEMPLE , Dean Hill - PALMER Family (General)

by Bonnie, Sunday, May 07, 2006, 03:18 (6572 days ago) @ slowhands

Hi Slowhands and thanks for your reply. I've made a great mistake....'think I've been at the computer too long!. The name is actually JANE PRITCHARD. I'll give you a message from my cousin Elsie Boughton of Newent.She discovered information in the old Family Bible. QUOTE- "The younger "HENRY BOUGHTON" married JANE PRITCHARD on 4 Nov 1860 at St John's Church, Cinderford. Jane was the daughter of Wm & Hester Pritchard who 'farmed' at The Temple, on Pleasant Style, Littledean. Henry, who described himself as a farmer & butcher, was aged 26, Jane 23. Jane's father had been born in Monmouthshire, but married a girl from Littledean and settled there. In the 1841 census he had been marked down as an agricultural labourer, but by 1851 he was the possessor of a farm, severeal cottages and other wealth. WILLIAM PRITCHARD seems to have been short tempered and fought with both the vicar and chapel minister at different times, which may have been the reason for the marriage at Cinderford. Equally, the fact that Jane was already pregnant, might have been the reason. Her first child, Joseph Walter, was born the following May. Jane was the dominant partner in the marriage: She inherited her father's sharp temper, whereas Henry was very easy going. Henry & Jane set up home with Henry's parents, Henry & Ann Boughton, though on census day in 1861, Jane was staying with her parents. Their first son Joseph was born on 14th May at Popes Hill. -UNQUOTE
All I need is the Page no. and Vol no. so that I can order the birth cert from GRO. Your help is greatly appreciated. Thanks, Bonnie.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread