PRITCHARD Family - Blaize Bailey (General)

by Ian @, Tuesday, July 18, 2006, 13:01 (6499 days ago) @ Bonnie

Hi Bonnie

I think your William Pritchard and my William Pritchard son of James Pritchard are the same one.

James Pritchard, Victuallor and Innkeeper in Littledean, died 29 Jan 1851 age 79, his wife Elizabeth had already died age 77 on 26 Nov 1850.
In his will dated 7 Jan 1851 he appointed his son William Pritchard as executor dividing the proceeds from the sale of his goods equally between his sons and daughters, James, the said William, John, Sarah, Mary, Belinda, Ann and the issue of his late son Edwin Pritchard of Newnham. Unfortunately there is no note in the will of his daughters' married names nor where any of his children were living.

The letter granting probate to William Pritchard, yeoman of East Dean, has written, in a different handwriting, across the corner “Send probate by post directed to Mr W Pritchard Blaise Bailey East Dean Nr Newnham”.

One of the witnesses to the will is a William Wellington. From this site’s Parish Records Project there is a record of the marriage of a William Wellington to Sarah Nelmes witnessed by William and Ester Pritchard (nee Wellington) on 5 Mar 1833 in Abenhall.

My work on these Pritchards is work in progress and very incomplete and most of the Pritchard information I have doesn’t relate to the Forest of Dean (as they moved around a lot!) so if you would like any further information please contact me direct on my email address.

Ian

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread