PRITCHARD Family - Blaize Bailey (General)

by Ian @, England, Saturday, July 01, 2006, 01:23 (6517 days ago) @ Bonnie

I am researching a Pritchard family from Littledean up to the 1850’s, there may be a connection to your William Pritchard of Blaize Bailey near Littledean.

29 Sep 1795 James Pritchard married Elizabeth Davies in Goodrich HEF by licence. The licence named James Pritchard, Butcher, of Goodrich and Thomas Pritchard, Grazier, of Hewelsfield GLS. Witnesses to the marriage were Mary Cotton and Wm. Pritchard.

James and Elizabeth’s first 3 children:-
James Pritchard baptised 31 July 1796 Goodrich HEF
William Pritchard baptised 4 Jun 1798 Tregare MON, received into church Goodrich HEF 8 Jun 1798.
Elizabeth Pritchard baptised 1800 Tregare MON.

James Pritchard (b 1798) married Sarah Pope at Monmouth 4 May 1817, both were from ex parochial part of Forest of Dean adjoining St. Briavels GLS.

1841 Census at Littledeanhill GLS
James Pritchard abt 1800, carpenter
Sarah Pritchard abt 1800
William Pritchard abt 1820, collier
Eliza Pritchard 1823
Sophia Pritchard 1834
Anne Pritchard 1840

1841 Censes Littledean
James Pritchard abt 1775, innkeeper
Elizabeth Pritchard abt 1775
John Pritchard abt 1810
Edwin Pritchard abt 1820

In the early 1840’s James and Sarah Pritchard and their children moved up the River Severn to Stourport-on-Severn in Worcs.

1851 Census Upper Mitton (Stourport, Worcs)
James Pritchard 1796, carpenter, born Goodrich HEF
Sarah Pritchard 1797, born Welsh Newton HEF
Sophia Pritchard 1834, born Littledean GLS
Anne Pritchard 1840, born Littledean GLS

Their children Eliza, William and Jesua had all married and were living in or near Stourport by 1851.

When I looked through the Littledean parish records some of James and Sarah’s children were baptised and buried in Littledean. I don’t remember seeing a Jane Pritchard daughter of William.

There is a marriage of William Pritchard to Hester Wellington in St. Briavels 29 Mar 1831 which sounds about the right sort of date.

I have not traced what happened to the William Pritchard christened 1798 in Tregare MON, but had noted down your William Pritchard as a possibility due to age, connection with St. Briavels, occupation and county of birth. I haven’t been able to find anywhere in MON with a place name of Catpath or variations of its spelling. If you’ve traced your William Pritchard back and its not this one would you please let me so I can eliminate him from my search.

Thanks
Ian

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread