John Herbert James-Saddler of Yorkley, Lydney (1876-1912) (General)

by Keith McGraw @, Saturday, July 29, 2006, 07:12 (6507 days ago) @ admin

Terry
Thank you for your email dated 27th July 8.46pm.

Yes you seem to have found the correct marriage on 5th September 1871 of Joseph James b 20th May 1848 aged 23 and SUSANNAH Morse born 27 February 1852 aged 19.Orginally I thought her christian name was EMMA Morse , which is probably in error.

My orginal source was from a recent visit to Canada to meet the daughter of John Herbert James and Minnie James (nee Lewis).She had a detailed JAMES family history compiled by Rev Henry Isaac James who was one of the 10 sons of Joseph James.

The James and Morse family story from Canada seems to point to a strong committment to membership of the Whitecroft WESLEYAN Methodist Chapel.Joseph James was a local preacher at this church in 1868 and was the Oldest Living Member in 1924. Isaac Morse was a Life Long Member and Guild Worker at the chapel.Therefore I was surprised that John and Susannah married at St Pauls ,Parkend and not at Whitecroft chapel?

Just to confirm again that this Joseph James's father was a John James born in 1820 who married Amy Preest. Amy's parents were Mr and Mrs JOSEPH Preest. Mrs Joseph Preest laid the foundation stone for the 1st Wesleyan chapel in the Forest of Dean in 1824

I hope this helps

Keith McGraw

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread