John Herbert James-Saddler of Yorkley, Lydney (1876-1912) (General)

by Keith McGraw @, Monday, July 31, 2006, 01:05 (6506 days ago) @ admin

Hi Terry
Thanks for your correction and confirmation that Joseph James married EMMA Morse and not Susanna as first thought on 5th September 1871 at Parkend.

With regards to email form Joyce,I was interested to find out that AMY Preest was born in 1818 and married John James on 2nd November 1838 at Newland.Also that Amey James was buried on 17th December 1853 aged only 35.

This is new information for my James family history and I will relay this information back to my orginal source in Canada,thank you Joyce and Terry.

I still think that it is important to remember that both all 3 families were all strong Wesleyan Methodists with links to Whitecroft Wesleyan Methodist Chapel.Originally they might have originated in South Wales just over the border from the Forest of Dean? Amy's mother Mrs Joseph Preest laid the foundation stone of the newly built chapel in 1824.Joseph James was a local preacher at the chapel in 1868 and Emma's father Isaac Morse was a life long member of the chapel until he died in 1913.Therefore I am interested to find out as to whether they were baptised and married as Wesleyan Methodists or as Church of England.Also I would be interested in finding out where they all might be buried?Eventually most of this Joseph James family went to live in Whitecroft /Yorkley between 1861 and 1912.

Thank Joyce for the information about Amy's name being spelt EAMEY as a witness at the wedding of John Bennett and Ellen/Ellenor in Newland in 1841.Also that Ellen was a sister of John James and was christened on 11th June 1815 at Saint James Bream. I also noted that John and Ellen's mother's christian name was Catherine again this was new news to me,thank you.

Regards

Keith McGraw

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread