Elijah & Jane Herbert - 1851 Census (General)

by Jefff @, West London, Middlesex, Friday, May 11, 2012, 21:28 (4378 days ago) @ Jean Herbert

Hi Jean,
without wishing to doubt your research, please note your above post wrt 1851 Census appears to be in error, although I suspect you're just getting Elijah Sr & Jr mentally mixed-up while typing.

To clarify, my Glos FHS cd for the 1851 Census quotes:

1959 1851 CENSUS HO107/1959 FF.0089-0116 ED.3A NEWNHAM 1

Piece: 1959 Folio: 0113 Schedule: 155

Address: Ruardeanhill

HERBERT Jane HD W 37 Charwoman GLS West Dean (c1814)
HERBERT Eleanor DA U 10 - GLS East Dean (c1841)
HERBERT Lydia DA U 8 - GLS East Dean (c1843)
HERBERT Elijah SO U 2 - GLS East Dean (c1849)
HERBERT Tom SO U 1 - GLS East Dean (c1850)

So it appears Elijah Sr is no longer resident at this household by 1851. Personally it seems clear his absence is due to the Sheepstealing charge spotted by Slowhands.

PS A few months ago I think I sent you a direct email enquiring whether you had spotted that Glos FHS were selling transcripts of the Will(1853) of John Parson, husband of Ann Herbert & father of Isaac, Thomas & Enoch; did you see this mail ?. More to the point are you interested in gaining a copy ?. I've checked the Wills section of the FoD site and this particular Will isn't there, although there are those of several later Parsons including John's sons Isaac(colliery proprietor), Thomas & Enoch.
Well GlosFHS are once again selling this Will via a wellknown internet auction site if you're interested. They are actually selling 60 or so to raise funds although most Wills are from outside the Forest. Please be assured I don't have any financial or Society interests in this whatsoever.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread