Thomas DYKE - Grocer (Croft-Y-Bwla) (Parish Records)

by Janice Jones @, Friday, January 31, 2014, 04:12 (3738 days ago) @ m p griffiths

I hope I am not the only Family Tree Maker who is easily distracted by new information and drifts off in another direction,forgetting to check back with our helpful searchers! My apologies!

Back to the question of Thomas DYKE - and I think it is solved now, with help from M P Grifffith, thus:

Thomas Dyke (born 1782 in Knighton, Rads.) married 1st Ann Webb in 1804.
Then he married 2nd, Elizabeth (nee Bradshaw) Card (Widow) in 1818.

Elizabeth Bradshaw (born 1783 Bishopsgate, London) married 1st William Card in 1801.
Then she married 2nd Thomas Dyke (Widower) in 1818.

Now I have a new quest but may have to change forums (?). I am looking for a MARIA JONES, born about 1806, in Monmouth (not sure if Town or County) who married William Card, born 1804, son of the above William and Elizabeth (Bradshaw) Card. She appears to have been connected to a Jones family who owned the Barley Mow Inn on Monnow Street. A member of that family, John Bowyer Jones, "of Monnow Street" was "present at the death" of Maria (Jones) Card in 1849, in Glendower Street, Monmouth. I am trying to see if Maria was John B Jones' sister, or maybe an aunt, but can't find her birth/parents. John B Jones parents I do have. They are William and Ann Jones. Maria could, at a stretch, be a daughter to a very young mother but then there is a gap of several years until John B is born in 1815.

Another puzzle to fill my days during a very cold winter in Canada!

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread