The New Ancestry.co Experience (General)

by fredb @, Tuesday, October 06, 2015, 14:58 (3145 days ago)

I'm just wondering if any other member uses Ancestry.com and if so what they think of the new mess. Was it Ancestry which some time ago tried a change and ended up giving us the option to select the "old search" Well I've been getting irritating pop-ups for weeks and ignored them, but an hour ago my screen changed colour as I was searching and turned the user friendly, visually easy to follow ancestry set up into a comic. Everything's bigger and colour coded as if aimed at infant school kids, less information is on view as the page is expanded, not sure if re-sizing the screen view will work? Yes I've complained. I do believe somebody here helped me by pointing out the little "Use old search" tab last time this happened but I can't see anything like that so far. I logged off and logged in again but only the new page came up. Sorry to come here and moan Flummoxed Fred. GGRRRRRR

By the way I went back and managed to find site preferences in the tree account section, so I re-ticked use old search and nothing changed, I still have the new "experience" so unless there's a delay? It looks like I'm stuck with it.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread