The New Ancestry.co Experience (General)

by Jefff @, West London, Middlesex, Saturday, November 21, 2015, 20:20 (3082 days ago) @ Canuck

Bad News.
I voiced my opinion to ancestry and was told that as of November 6th we will no longer have a choice.

Terry MARFELL

Only just found this thread. I have to agree with the others, like most things in life I much prefer the old style of Ancestry presentation, in fact it was largely the visual look that swayed me over other company's offerings. Yes I too thought I had a virus, talk about poor if not non-existent communications to the users !. Thankfully and by lucky accident I found I could opt out, tho' I suspected that might be a temporary option only.
That said, contrary to what Terry was told, it seems to me that the old-style is still available now as-of 21st November. Perhaps this is a climb-down following complaints, or just a short-term appeasement to (dare I say) encourage users to renew subs to cover their busier winter months before forcing the horrible new-look on to us anyway ??. Having spent money on the new-look I cannot see them ditching it.
Are any other Ancestry users still able to access the older style presentation, or is it just me ?

Anyway, my subscription recently finished so I told them my reason for not renewing was the awful new look, altho I suspect that like many worldwide corporations in this day and age, the voice of some "out of touch old fogies" like me will go unheard...

Has anyone else read any responses from Ancestry, or more recent news, perhaps the FH magazines etc have been discussing it too, all comments welcome.

Thanks, Jeff.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread