William Henry Jones and Bessie Morse (General)

by Jim, Thursday, October 13, 2005, 06:12 (6777 days ago)

Hello,
New to this list, but I've been around a bit (so to speak).The research I'm doing is actually my wife's tree. Her grandmother was Bessie Morse b1877 Old Furnace, East Dean. Bessie was the daughter of Samuel Morse c1856 Blakeney Hill & Mary Ann Green c1856 Awre.
William Henry Jones c1874 Moseley Green, his father was Henry Jones. Bessie & William were married 1898 at Viney Hill.
I've just got the marriage certificate and it states that Samuel Morse was a Publican. William & Henry Jones were Colliers. My question about William is that he was born Moseley Green, in the 1881 census there is a William Jones born West Dean and the address is Barracks,West Dean. Would this be Moseley Green William?. Another clue is that a witness at the marriage was a Margaret Jones and the Barracks Jones family had a daughter called Margaret(so did a lot of others I expect). Blakeney Hill/New Rd was the Morses area, in fact it still is as Bessie & William's son still lives in the same house. The Publican part is interesting, where was Samuel a publican in 1898. Any help would be great.
Regards
Jim
In a mild Cheltenham.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread