How this website started and how it has grown (Announce)

by patriciasm @, Saturday, February 14, 2009, 13:23 (5553 days ago) @ jseys

David, Since starting researching my convict forebears from Forest of Dean and Glos. in general, I have received an incredible amount of help, firstly from Rootsweb Glos. Mailing members and then from FOD people and now, with the growth of the transcription service, my knowledge has increased enormously. I have found that my families spread far and wide throughout Glos. in general, and even though I cannot possibly trace them all, my knowledge of their area, and their way of life has increased enormously. Some members stand out for their willingness to help, it would be wrong to name a select few as I would hate to neglect to mention some, but if they recognise my name, they will know who they are! Many, many thanks to those people who are transcribing the records and giving so much of their time - it is very much appreciated. It's a unique source. Glad you came to live amongst us years ago - not a bad place, is it? I was sorry to read that you have recently suffered the loss of your Dad. My condolences.
Patricia Smith, Sydney, Australia

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread