John (Jack) Wyatt line (General)

by Pris of Pa @, Sunday, December 18, 2011, 19:14 (4516 days ago) @ Slowhand-s

John Wyatt son of Thomas & Susannah (Cray) Wyatt was a brother to my grandfather, Thomas H. Wyatt. John was a rather interesting character I suspect. He married Jane Sims in 1869 and had 2 children Linnie Maud and Wallace.
I don't know what happened to Jane, but on 1891 Census he was enumerated with wife Annie Wyatt and 2 children John H b abt 1888 and Charles F b abt 1890. The census shows them living next to Herbert and Alice Hatton. John's daughter Linnie Maud married a Hatton.
John died 29 Aug 1893. I have a copy of death ctf showing his sister Caroline (Wyatt) Bolter was present at death.
1911 Census has Annie Bell with son John Henry Wyatt, age 22 and niece Olive Williams age 9. I know there have been posts mentioning Annie Williams and Olive Williams.
I also had an email (which I have misplaced) Saying that Annie Bell had children by John Wyatt,and she used his name until he died then went back to Bell. The implication was that Annie & John were never married.
As to John's son Wallace Wyat. I have found him living in the US. It looks like he was married 5 times. I don't know what happened to the wives, if they died or were divorced. From what I have seen on the US Census he did not have children with any of the wives. I don't know if this information will help someone or raise more questions.
Priscilla Davis

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread