by May @, Sunday, June 05, 2005, 11:05 (6903 days ago) @ Slowhand-s

Williams Line?
»
» Fred Williams abt 1893 Clearwell, Gloucestershire, England Son Newland
» Gloucestershire

» Olive Williams abt 1900 Clearwell, Gloucestershire, England Daughter
» Newland Gloucestershire

Thank you Slowhands,

I have the descendants and ancestors from the 1700's for Fred and Olive (Grandad and his sister) Their father was Henry John Williams from Pilstone Farm Llandogo, who married Martha (aka Mattie) Rosser in 1887

I am looking for a connection to Vivian Williams from Coleford who is reputedly the cousin of Fred. I will check out some of the other families you gave to see if there is a link to Henry John's 2 missing brothers from Pilstone Farm Llandogo Monmouthshire. I think Henry John's brother Fred (b Pilstone 1861)who was crippled may have died and I have a possible death for him, but brother William (b Pilstone 1857) is still a complete mystery after 1881.

WYATTS

Sister Annie (Williams, b Pilstone Fm Llandogo 1853) may have married John Wyatt. I have a possible death for John Wyatt's wife Jane. The 1891 census shows Annie Wyatt (wife) as b Llandogo 1858 which could either have been a date error or not our Annie. I know that 1853 is correct for Annie b Pilstone Llandogo, because I took that from the parish records myself. However, I have yet to find the marriage. I think John Wyatt might be the elusive Uncle John, but even if he and Annie were unmarried I cannot find a son Vivian Williams.

There is only one Annie Williams of about the right age b Llandogo on the 1901 census but she is Mrs Williams in Monmouth. Williams marrying Williams is not unheard of locally as there were so many Williams families around the Trelleck Mon area. When I get another 1901 census voucher I will check that out.

As yet the Wyatt/Annie Williams connection is not quite right and there is still research to be done on that.

Anyway, my thanks to you for starting me off thinking along slightly different lines.

May

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread