HANKINS of Monmouthshire (General)

by unknown, Sunday, February 19, 2012, 02:02 (4451 days ago) @ dalek39

hi Dalek

I have been following some of your posts on this site and roots chat. You seem to know an awful lot about the Hankins particularly the NZ Hankins lines, one of which is John Herbert Hankins.
There is another branch of the family in NZ also. John Herbert Hankins' sister Annie Maria Hankins Born 1948, married an Edward Hankins Nephew of the Rev Thomas Frederick Paul Hankins and son of William Hankins of Greenhouse. (yes Hankins married Hankins)

She was his second wife, his first wife was Mary Ann Williams of Usk. They married in London in 1850 then got on a boat to South Australia. I have followed his life through Australia and New Zealand where he finally settled and died in Auckland after marrying Annie Maria. He left her destitute with 3 young children.

I was married to his great grandson.

Edward's father William, married Jane Jones of Usk. I have found Edward's baptism however it is one of two entries in the same year, same area and both to a William and Jane Hankins. Which is which?
William died young. I have been looking for Jane's family and their marriage around Usk but no luck as yet.

Do you know anything of this branch of Hankins. William was the brother of Rev Thomas Fred Paul Hankins and was baptised in Dymock in 1798.

Do you know anything of this branch

Valerie

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread