Helen Aitken GUTHRIE 1869 Brechin (General)

by unknown, Wednesday, March 14, 2012, 17:10 (4425 days ago) @ slowhands

Thank you! That was quick.

I have the 1881 and 1901 census, though I have been having some trouble deciphering Evan Lewis' birthplace. What I read as Trefegluys, or Irefegluys, is on a separate line, below Evan's line and above Helen's, so I thought it might be part of his birthplace.

Evan Lewis and Helen Aitken Guthrie were married in Brechin on 2 November 1893. I have reams of information about Helen's family but nothing much on her descendants.

The five children seem to be Jane Elizabeth A; John Evan L; Kenneth Singer G; Cyril Herbert S; and Helen Evangeline M.
No idea what became of them all.

If you have it tio hand, can you confirm that the 1911 shows Cyril as born in Hackney and Nellie in Cinderford? The previous posting of this family on this thread seems to omit Nellie but shows Cyril as born in Cinderford.

Also, I see that the Rev Evan's death was registered in the March quarter, but the FOD burial date quoted in this thread says 2 June 1908. This seems rather late, especially given that Evan's successor was presented in April. Is this perhaps an American transcription of 6/2/1908, i.e. 6 February?

I very much appreciate your lightning reply.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread