PARENTS OF ELIZABETH COWMEADOW 1754 (General)

by MPGriffiths @, Monday, December 16, 2013, 17:48 (3784 days ago) @ liverpool5

There are a number of Public Members Trees on Ancestry and they give the parents of Elizabeth COWMEADOW as William COWMEADOW and Elizabeth SOUTHWELL - and according to these trees- Elizabeth COWMEADOW married Thomas CHILDE her age is given as 17.

Siblings, William 1769, John 1770, Anne 1773, Thomas 1774, Mary 1775, James 1778, Robert 1779 and Richard 1781.

I do notice Elizabeth and Thomas married by Licence - and the Licence should give the ages of both the Groom and Bride - This Licence copy can be obtained from the GRO.

?

Fod Records - baptism at Newent - 18 March 1772

Betty COWMEADOW, parents William (occupation: Smith) & Elizabeth

---

??? Elizabeth CHILD's burial at Newent 16 March 1837 aged 83 years - residence, Culvert Street, which would give a birth year of around 1754.

----

In the Downloads is a copy of a Licence from my x Grandparents marriage in the year 1777 - this gives the age of my x Grandfather - age 22 and upwards and his occupation, status, plus my x Grandmother's age 21 years and upwards

-----

If you sent for the Wills of the two William COWMEADOW's from Newent (1774 and 1783) from the GRO this may shed light on Elizabeth Cowmeadow's background.

Looking at the Advance Search for witnesses:

Thos CHILD and Elizabeth COWMEADOW where witnesses at a wedding in Newent 16 October 1787 of Sarah SMART and Henry COOK.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread