George Robinson b1828 in Mitcheldean/Longhope area (General)

by Jefff @, West London, Middlesex, Friday, January 13, 2017, 21:24 (2630 days ago) @ probinson

You're very welcome.

This is why I like the FamilySearch website, I often use it before I use Ancestry, as it gives quicker results and is more user-friendly than many of the "bigger" sites, especially as it automatically offers spelling variations. Ancestry's beginning to annoy me nowadays as it continues to gives umpteen "hits" for, say Marriages, when I've already found and saved into my trees the one that obviously matches my search criteria, whereas the suggestions so often clearly NOT relevant at all. Hence my disappointment when FindMyPast offered me so little ...
In fact to be honest I didn't realise the Baptisms I'd posted in my reply were Robertsons and not your Robinsons until some while after I'd cut & pasted them, hence lots of "rambling" backtracking in the rest of my post as I tried to convince myself I was on the right track, it was the Marriage for Selina that seemed to clinch it.

Ref the online tree I found, some of the birthplaces Selina appears to quote in the Census' look very odd eg Frampton-o-Severn, hence I "forgot" to mention those...
I'm sure you'll make sense of them all.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread