Wm & Ann JAYNE, Dixton Newton (General)

by Jefff @, West London, Middlesex, Friday, August 31, 2018, 23:08 (2064 days ago) @ MPGriffiths

Just want to say big thanks to MPG for reminding me to join MonGenes, have been meaning to do so for a while now but have now done so at last .... glad to see it's adding some useful records to this thread.

And to Jayne, sorry for worrying you by mentioning the 1847 Ann Jayne burial record, I was merely reminding us all that unfortunately there's plenty of room for errors here due to the sheer numbers of different people with the same names in the same general area at the same time.
I'm currently limited to FamilySearch and their transcripts when searching the Census'. Ancestry etc would give me more info, but searching FS again gives this record which may well be the lady in the Monmouth Burial ? I cannot easily find her in the later census, but still needs further researching to prove if she is relevant to your family.

1841 Wye Bridge Lane, Monmouth, Monmouthshire, Wales
Household Role Sex Age Birthplace
John Jane M 65-69 Monmouthshire
Ann Jane F 60-64 Monmouthshire
Esther Jane F 20-24 Monmouthshire
Mary Knight F 10 Monmouthshire

Ideally I'd have found this John Jane alone in the 1851 Census, a widow without Ann.
Instead I found this PR, not a perfect match but ??
Just maybe both this and the earlier Ann Jane d1847 Burials are NOT your family but are from the above household ?.

Record_ID: 235014
Entry_Number:
Year: 1847
Month: Apr
Day: 8
Surname: JANE
Forenames: John
Residence: Monmouth
Age_at_death: 87
Officiating_Minister:
Event: Burial
Cause_of_death:
Memoranda:
Notes:
Register_Reference:
Page_No:
Parish_Chapel: Monmouth
Soundex: J500

---------------

Jayne,
for now I think you should stick with your own instinct and thorough research - and don't read too much into public trees on Ancestry, they're not always right, and are often very wrong indeed ! That's why you're in good hands with MPG to help you, who has far more skills and insight than me.
But hey I'm sure you already know all this.

atb J

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread