Iron, The Romans and Dean. (General)

by jhopkins @, Saturday, October 06, 2018, 02:48 (2022 days ago) @ RogerrGriffiths

Hello Roger

I live in NZ, not Australia. We have access to a lot of WDYTYA on YouTube (even the Oz episodes), and a lot of other copyright material as well. It is quite unpredictable when we will be locked out.

I understand that we may be locked out from viewing on public sources such as YouTube if (for example) the subject video is part of a TV series that has been sold to one of the NZ TV broadcasters, and is either currently being broadcast, or will shortly be on the air. Perhaps it has already been broadcast in Britain and is therefore in the public domain there.

A great deal of the material from Time Team is available here via YT - the earlier series for example, so perhaps this one will come out here later. A great deal of the material being broadcast from the BBC via iPlayer is not available here unless you go to extraordinary lengths to mimic a valid address in Britain.

This can all be very frustrating. The poor darlings who own the copyright seem to be terrified that they will lose viewers if it is seen on the WWW prior to broadcast.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread