Lea Bailey (General)

by Jefff @, West London, Middlesex, Wednesday, November 14, 2018, 23:38 (1990 days ago) @ sophiewilliams

Hi Sophie,
just to advise that as jmay's username displays as blue and not black shows they are still using the forum. However clicking on the username hyperlink shows they've not accessed the forum since last January; it may be worth your sending them a private message which goes directly into their email inbox, so will be seen without them accessing the forum; click on the envelope icon next to their username.

Hope this helps !

Btw thanks for reminding me that despite Britain not declaring war until 3rd September 1939, the first evacuation of British children started on the 1st of September. Hence they would be recorded as-such on the 1939 Register which was taken on 29th September. My wife's tree has cases such as this, as her mother's family lived near the Naval Dockyards in Woolwich, London. You could try researching the births of the children at Annie Waters' house to find if they came from an evacuated city, with luck there are siblings or have unusual names and so ease tracing them ?

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread