Wintles of Mitcheldean 1800s and before (General)

by gabriella Dormer @, Saturday, January 19, 2019, 12:41 (1896 days ago) @ mariedavis

Marriage Details
Groom Surname Groom Forename Bride Surname Bride Forename District Parish Building Year Register Entry
DAVIS John GLOVER Rebecca Ann Gloucester Northgate St John the Baptist 1861 55 No 2 474

I can answer the "why Walpole" question - Ann (Davis) Wintle's grandmother's family were Walpoles (that is, Rebecca Glover Davis's mother's family). There's a tradition in that branch of my family to use familial surnames as middle names. The Sidney Walpole listed above is my great-grandfather. Thus, Ann Davis Wintle is my second-great aunt. This discussion thread filled in some blanks in my family tree and I'm happy to add a little something to it!

Hello Marie

Sorry, it has been so long since I have done anything with the Family Tree. There was to much going on in my Family that I did not have the time to be on the Computer and search.
My Husbands mother does not talk a lot about her family, but I know she was very close to her grand mother Ann Elizabeth Davis-Wintle.

I would love to find out more about the Davis side, if you could give me any information about names and dates would be so much appreciated.

thanks and kind regards
Gabriella Dormer

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread