Peter NASH born 1874 (General)

by Jefff @, West London, Middlesex, Tuesday, April 23, 2019, 01:26 (1823 days ago) @ Clements Tump

Re Iris,
not sure if you've seen but GlosBMD also has her mother's maiden name as Preece.

Birth Details
Child Surname Child Forename Mother's Former Name Year District Office Register Entry
NASH Iris Alma PREECE 1909 Forest of Dean Monmouth, Coleford (Sub-district 4) 2 300

You didn't mention it, but his FOD site's PRs has her Baptism, it gives her mother's first AND second names, which match those you have, so seems correct. So why PREECE not BULLOCK ??

Record_ID: 104384
Entry_Number:
Year: 1909
Month: Sep
Day: 3
Parents_Surname: NASH
Child_Forenames: Iris Alma
Fathers_Forenames: Peter
Mothers_Forenames: Mary Elzabeth
Mothers_Surname:
Residence: Whitecliff
Officiating_Minister: G.A.Piper
Event: Baptism
Memoranda:
Notes:
Register_Reference: P93 IN 1/8
Page_Number: 66
Parish_Chapel: Coleford
Soundex: N200

I cannot find anymore of her siblings in the baptisms.

---

I see there are a few Mary Elizabeth Bullocks born in the FoD area c1875, and Mary Elizabeth Preeces too !. However as you say this looks the most likely fit, as per GlosBMD;

Birth Details
Child Surname Child Forename Mother's Former Name Year District Office Register Entry
BULLOCK Mary Elizabeth 1875 Forest of Dean Monmouth, Coleford 33 84

I've searched to see if the 1881 & 1891 Census has any Mary Elizabeth PREECE born 1875, but could not find one. However I think it likely the William Preece lodging with them in the 1901 Census, as below, is her brother or similar close relative ? - if not related to her, the presence of a Preece seems a big coincidence !?

1901 Llanharan, Glamorganshire, Wales
Household Role Sex Age Birthplace
Peter Nash Head M 26 COLLIER (COAL) HEWER. Forest Of Dean, Gloucestershire
Elizabeth Nash Wife F 25 Forest Of Dean, Gloucestershire
William Preece Boarder M 21 COLLIER (COAL) HEWER. Forest Of Dean, Gloucestershire
Tom Ellis Boarder M 22 COLLIER (COAL) HEWER. Forest Of Dean, Gloucestershire

Sadly I'm unable to find earlier census records which definitely match this William - would have been great to find him and his siblings...

????

=======

Re the 1911 Census and their "missing" children, I cannot find any PRs for births or Marriages wrt father Peter Nash; or any Births to parents Nash and Preece/Bullock in GlosBMD (apart from Iris).

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread