Peter NASH born 1874 (General)

by Jefff @, West London, Middlesex, Wednesday, April 24, 2019, 18:56 (1822 days ago) @ Clements Tump

Hi,
Re the missing children, I've not searched for them yet, but wonder if these were Mary Bullock's children from before she met Nash, perhaps registered as Preece or even Bullock ?.

In fact, I've just realised I cannot find our Mary E Bullock in the 1881 and 1891 census, have you found her ??. (There is a Mary Elizabeth Preece born 1877, but she is a different person it seems.)

Btw I'm currently using FamilySearch to search the census' - a particular favourite of mine as it offers spelling surname variants unlike FreeBMD, say. FreeBMD actually has very good coverage for our and the surrounding counties especially into Wales. Despite the reference books telling me to beware FamilySearch and it's transcription errors, in my opinion it's no worse than the likes of Ancestry in this respect. Like you I tend to avoid the subscription sites except for the weekends etc they offer free-access, which is quite often to be fair. Ancestry is available f-o-c at public librairies if I'm really stuck.

J

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread