Marriage (Parish Records)

by Gordon James @, Tuesday, October 13, 2020, 14:16 (1262 days ago)

Taylor
I am researching an Emma Taylor born around 1832, She was probably born in Bristol,
Her sister was Luna Ann Taylor who married Richard James 1rom Bream in 1847
Emma had an illegitimate son Henry born in Herefordshire in 1856 and he was brought up by Richard and Luna Ann James.
I believe and am not sure Emma may have married a George Powell in 1862 and this information is on the Parish Record 212097.
The problem i have with this is the Parish Chapel is given as Whitchurch for the Banns. It is registered on the BMD records as Monmouth March 1/4 11a 21 so it exists,
At that time in 1862 Herefordshire was i believe the registration area and that was changed to Monmouth later.
I have tried to find this couple on the census returns for 1871 and after but with no luck. She was given as being from West Dean
However there is a Whitchurch near Bristol and a couple matching them are shown on the 1871 census as living and born in Mangots field and that is only 5 miles or so from a Whitchurch bordering Somerset and Gloucestershire,
So there are two Whitchurch but i am sue that the one near Bristol is not considered as being registered as Monmouth.
Can anyone help as i am going round in circles with this.
The father of Emma Taylor was Matthew Taylor and he died i believe in 1837 but Emma and her sisters were living in Alvington in 1841.
Her sister Johanna married James Ellaway from Alvington in 1836

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread