Marriage (Parish Records)

by Gordon James @, Friday, October 16, 2020, 15:54 (1259 days ago) @ MPGriffiths

Thank you for the information.
I have got a marriage for Matthew Taylor to a Johanna Hoskins in 1826 in Bristol It ties up with the Hoskins family in Alvington so i am confident of that.
I also have the info on the Cooper apprentice in 1802 and for him to tech he would have been a master Cooper and i guess probably in his 20's to 30's or even older. His assumed birth date at 1769 would be about right .
Johanna Hoskins was a born about 1795 in Alvington so a big difference in ages but i believe he was a widower The nearest guess i got towards this was a for a Elinbeth Hicks with a marriage in 1790. Her age was similar to his . However he was illiterate as he signed with an x. On his marriage to Hoskins he signs it so that would suggest its the wrong person.
2 of his 3 daughters were born before the 1826 marriage and the 3rd one was born around 1832. That would suggest to me that the first two were from a different mother. That marriage would have occurred around 1800 +/- 5 years say.
Anyway i will follow up your leads.
Regards

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread