Sarah Ann Davis and George Davis of Ross ~1862-1864 (General)

by mikedavies @, Huddersfield, Tuesday, January 26, 2021, 20:53 (1183 days ago)

(William) Paul Davis (Davies) married Elizabeth Price at Ross on 14.10.1860. They had 8 children, including my Great Grandfather Henry, the second youngest. With the help of this site (and Findmypast) I’ve details on most of the others, but have been struggling with Sarah Ann Davis (baptised 3.7.1862 in Ross) and George Davis (baptised 5.3.1864 in Ross).

Sarah Ann is on the censuses of 1871 and 1881 at home in Ross, but no trace after that, other than a possible death in either 1920 or 1921 in Ross (FOD records).

George marries Hanna Matilda Keyse in Ross on 22.12.1891 (FOD record) with his brother and mother as witnesses. George’s residence at the time of his marriage is transcribed as "Cwmity Very Monmouth" (Can anyone explain?). No trace after that.

I’ve searched with their father as either William, William Paul or Paul, as his name is different on baptisms, weddings and censuses. Obviously I’ve checked Davis and Davies and also multiple ways of spelling Keyse.

With William seemingly in Monmouthshire in 1891 has he disappeared over the border to Wales? Although my Great Grandfather Henry was born in 1873, he was in London on the 1891 census aged 17, so had he followed his elder brother and/or sister to the big city?

Any thoughts or suggestions will be very helpful.
Mike

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread