John Cecil of Tidenham transported to Australia 1821 (General)

by sidtoomey01 @, Brisbane, Queensland, Australia, Thursday, April 29, 2021, 03:30 (1094 days ago) @ JOHN GILBERT

Hi

I have located the 900 acre block of land mentioned in the Land Grant in the County of King (one of the original 19 Counties in the Colony of NSW.). However i am yet to find evidence that John Cecil did go ahead with taking up the Grant. On the map i have seen it has a different landowner shown.
However the Depasturing licences indicate that he was in the area (although a very big area) during the late 1830's, with one of them placing him pretty well spot on for the land grant location.
The location of the block of land was four miles south of the junction of the Boorowa and Lachlan Rivers. As the Lachlan River was only discovered in 1815, the area would have been pretty wild and uninhabited.
Cowra is now probably the biggest settlement approx 12 miles away. Cowra district was only settled around 1831.
If you are interested, i have some maps etc i can email to you hopefully.

Since this research in Australia is not located in the Forest of Dean , it might be better to communicate through email although i am happy to continue on the Forum if approved by an Administrator.

Sid Toomey

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread