DAVID WATKINS, widower, married Newland 1806 (General)

by Little Patch @, Tuesday, March 29, 2022, 23:07 (752 days ago)

Hi

My interest, Frances Neat(e) married David Watkins at Newland on 27 April 1806 by banns. The address for both was the hundred of St Briavels and both had been married previously. Both signed as did the witnesses, Catherine Edwards and Thos Bond.

I have history for Frances up to this marriage but nothing at all for David Watkins. There are many Watkins in the area but I cannot find a link to him. The witness Catherine Edwards was related to Frances and Thos Bond appears regularly and is probably a church official.

I have eliminated David Watkins of Abergavenny and another of that name from Christchurch. I do not have an age for him - Frances was born c1762 so probably no offspring for this couple.

I cannot locate them together in 1841 census so no clues as to where David was born, his age or occupation. I have not found his previous wife, possible offspring or will.

I understand about the extra-parochial hundred of St Briavels but would folk give this as their place of residence when it covered such a large area?

Hoping someone may have David in their tree or some knowledge of him or advice on where to go from here.

Thank you

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread