The Tovey name in the Forest of Dean (Parish Records)

by sidtoomey01 @, Brisbane, Queensland, Australia, Saturday, April 23, 2022, 22:53 (704 days ago) @ martyn

Hi

This gives me something to focus on. What Census years have you found William E. Tovey in ? I want to look at them to get a feel for the families movements.
You mentioned that the Bristol area family tree didn't have other family members which matched your smaller family tree. I presume these members would have been of William E. Tovey's generation or later if you have compared them to your trees. Am i correct?
If not and they are an earlier generation, could you put the names and relationships in a reply ?
Sometimes i have found the answer i am looking for by looking in a different direction (if that makes any sense. I did say previously i am easily confused).
Also, i don't want to disparage any Ancestry family tree's accuracy, but i have also found that in the days of "copy and paste" things can go pear shape easily.

On a side note, there is a marriage of a Tovey in the 1890's in Blakeney as well as a couple of inquests of Tovey's where they appear to have come from Cheltenham which might make sense to you. I thought the marriage might have been one of William E.'s brothers possibly.

i read through the Blakeney parish baptism register for the years 1870 (page 32) to 1880 (page 49) and there weren't any Tovey baptisms recorded at all.

With William E.'s children i think from memory that their second given name starts with "M" ( taken from the 1901 Census). Do you know what that name was ?

Thanks

Sid Toomey

PS. This could get addictive, couldn't it ? Our media at present is saturated with upcoming election promises etc. so might as well look into something not as boring. - :)

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread