William Hurd Family - Woolaston(1800 to 1850) (General)

by cyberacct, Sunday, July 03, 2005, 15:31 (6875 days ago)

My gggg-grandfather William Hurd, was born abt 1784 we believe in Tockington. He married Elizabeth (last name unknown). Elizabeth was born about 1788 in Huckster/ Tockington. They moved to the Woolaston area about 1815 and had 2 daughters Elizabeth and Caroline who were both born in Woolaston. Elizabeth Hurd is my ggg-grandmother who married James Proctor Howell on May-15-1843 in Shire Newton, Wales. Elizabeth Hurd also gave birth to an illegimate child, William Hurd born abt 1838 in Woolaston. He is buried next to his mother, Elizabeth Hurd Howell in St. Andrews Churchyard, Woolaston.

I am trying to find information on my gggg-grandfather William Hurd's family including his parents and/ siblings. According to Woolaston history, William Hurd was murdered about Jan-1820. He was making his living as an innkeeper and fisherman. His wife Elizabeth went on to re-marry James Henry Ball in Woolaston on Nov-13-1822 and eventually died on Apr-15-1855 in Alvington. She is buried in St. Andrews Churchyard, Woolaston.

Any information pertaining to his family would be appreciated. Thanks..... Deb

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread