HATTON Family - Ruardean (General)

by Jenny White, Tuesday, November 22, 2005, 14:01 (6732 days ago) @ Den

Hi Den,

Many thanks for your reply, I am very interested in your Sarah although she does seem to have muddied the waters even further as there now looks to be two possible candidates for my Sarah HATTON. I would like to try and eliminate one of them. The one I had already has been leading me a merry dance, I don't think I can cope with two!!

According to census information my Sarah and her children Jane and James HATTON were born Ruardean. Sarah's daughter Jane, was born 1821, age calculated from census and age on marriage certificate.

Does this match with your Sarah's daughter, Jane?

Did your Sarah also have a son called James abt 1824?

The reasons for assuming that my Sarah HATTON and the Richard HATTON in my original posting were brother and sister is down to several things.

Sarah's age on the census coincide with the baptism of Sarah HATTON IN 1782 born to Thomas and Mary HATTON. Sarah gives age 60 in 1841 and 70 in 1851.

Richard HATTON's age on the census coincides with a Richard HATTON baptised 1777 to the same couple.

Richard HATTON had a daughter, Caroline HATTON, (information taken from census) who married David Lloyd and there is a Caroline Lloyd who is a witness on Jane HATTON's marriage certificate.

There is also a burial for Sarah HATTON age 69 in Ruardean on 14 June 1851.

Do you have any other information on your Sarah that could determine which Sarah is mine??

A very confused Jenny

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread